We are looking for an experienced Raw Materials Analyst to join our Laboratory Team during an exciting time of growth and expansion.
You will be carrying out hands-on analyses of raw materials to ensure regulatory requirements for the product are met; supporting the Raw Materials Team Manager to achieve the appropriate throughput of samples for testing; output of consistently accurate data and reports to meet quality standards and also be assisting in the planning and management of resources.
To be considered for this opportunity you must have a chemistry background with experience of raw materials testing on oral solid dose (OSD) products within a quality control or development environment in the pharmaceutical industry. You will also have an understanding of GMP, GLP and be familiar with laboratory equipment, techniques (including HPLC), procedures and documentation systems.
CPS is a full-service “Clinical to Commercial” CDMO and holds various licences to operate a range of services which includes MIA, Specials, IMP, WDL, and Vet D. CPS is an independent OSD specialist pharma contract services provider. CPS produces a range of formulation technologies including modified release and potent products such as hormones at low dose. New development and commercial manufacturing facilities for high potency contained processing have recently been acquired at a site adjacent to our existing Brighton, Moulsecoomb packaging and QC facilities.
About the role
You will be responsible for:
- Day to day scheduling work of the QC routine and/ or investigative analytical work to ensure adherence to the plan is managed to meet the requirements of customers whilst actively monitoring work progress to facilitate continuous improvements.
- Ensuring equipment is properly maintained, taking personal responsibility for some of equipment
- Ensuring the QC laboratories are well organised, reagents/ standards are available and controlled
- Participating in the timely analysis and release of incoming starting materials.
- Participating in the timely analysis of intermediate and finished products.
- Applying expertise and a systematic approach to problem solving enabling the achievement of prompt and effective results with an identified proposal that deters problems from reoccurring.
- Ensuring equipment is qualified and calibrated.
- Ensuring methods are validated, and where required developed/ enhanced to meet current Regulatory requirements.
- Alerting Team Manager to training and developmental needs proposing training/ developmental plan, writing training material and able and implement the training of laboratory staff to attain competence, display commitment, embrace change and work with others to meet business targets.
- Participating in the transfer of new and modified analytical methods into the lab and performing the acquisition, qualification, maintenance and calibration of existing and new laboratory equipment
- Participation in achievement of site KPI’s by completion of QC and customer objectives, and focussing on tasks linked to overall site performance.
- Provide input to various other projects on site as required in the maintenance of company’s obligations with respect to laboratory activities, release activities, validation, and compliance or as deemed necessary by Quality Assurance Management.
- Improve the adherence to customer quality requirements by applying principles of GMP /GLP
- Proposing new ideas in order to improve performance within own area of responsibility
Alternating shift pattern of early and late shifts comprising:
Early – 6.30am to 3.00pm Monday to Thursday and 6.30am to 1.15pm Friday
Late – 1.00pm to 10.00pm Monday to Thursday and 1.00pm to 5.20pm Friday
Desired Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Chemistry background and previous experience as a Quality Control Analyst.
- Previous experience within a QC or development environment in the pharmaceutical industry
- Analytical validation experience
- A practical working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practice and Good Laboratory Practice
- A familiarity with laboratory equipment/ techniques/ procedures and documentation systems
- Understanding of EU and other specific analytical regulations for the pharmaceutical industry would be a bonus
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of information flow and decision-making processes
- Follow written procedures with accuracy and efficiency
- Ability to prioritise work load and work with minimum supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Competent in Microsoft Word and Excel
- High level of literacy and numeracy
- Flexible attitude to meet changing priorities
- Continuous improvement mindset
Benefits include: Holiday; pension; life assurance; health plan: subsidised gym and annual profit related company and individual bonus payment based on successful performance.
Free parking onsite with easy access to the A27. 15 minutes’ walk from either Falmer or Moulsecoomb Station.
How to apply
Please submit your application including a CV and covering letter explaining how your skills and experience meet requirements of the role by Friday 8th November, 2019 to: Recruitment@custompharma.co.uk
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a basic disclosure check.