We are recruiting for Technicians to join our Packaging Team. Ideally you will have experience of working in pharmaceuticals or a similar GMP environment as your role will be to operate high speed Pharmaceutical packaging equipment, working to and maintaining GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) standards at all times.
We offer future prospects for developing your technical skills, a friendly, supportive team environment and an attractive rotating shift pattern comprising:
Early shift: 6.30am to 2.30pm Monday to Friday
Late shift: 2.00pm to 10.00pm Monday to Friday
Our benefits package includes: 23 days holiday; pension; life assurance; health plan: subsidised gym and annual profit related company and individual bonus payment based on successful performance.
We also offer free parking on site, easy road access to the A27 and are 15 minutes’ walk from Falmer or Moulsecoomb railway stations. Staff canteen on site.
CPS is a full-service “Clinical to Commercial” CDMO and holds various licences to operate a range of services which includes MIA, Specials, IMP, WDL, and Vet D. CPS is an independent OSD specialist pharma contract services provider. CPS produces a range of formulation technologies including modified release and potent products such as hormones at low dose. New development and commercial manufacturing facilities for high potency contained processing are planned to come on stream during 2019 at the recently acquired site adjacent to our existing Brighton, Moulsecoomb packaging and QC facilities.
About the role
Reporting to the Packaging Shift Supervisor your responsibilities will include:
- Operating various packaging equipment including blister filling, bottle filling, cartoning, labelling, check weighing and over wrapping equipment.
- Cleaning the equipment and the work area.
- Understanding and following site Health and Safety procedures and maintaining a safe working environment.
- Understanding and following cGMP and maintaining high housekeeping standards.
- Following verbal and detailed written processing instructions with accuracy.
- Completing batch processing documents using simple mathematical calculations.
- Assisting with setting of lines during changeovers.
- Moving and lifting components and equipment using mechanical aids as appropriate
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience of working as a Packaging Technician in the Pharmaceuticals industry is preferable. Candidates will also be considered who have worked within a cGMP environment such as Food or Cosmetics manufacturing with automated packaging lines or another similar environment
- Reconciliation skills desirable but not essential
- Good general standard of education, specifically in English language and maths
- Ability to follow instructions with accuracy
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Team player who enjoys and works well within a small team
- Flexible attitude
How to apply
Please submit your CV and covering letter highlighting how your skills and experience meet requirements to: Recruitment@custompharma.co.uk
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK
Successful candidates will be required to complete a basic disclosure check.