We are recruiting for an experienced Supervisor with a background in packaging to oversee rotating shift operations and team of 14 Technicians. You will have a supervisory background in packaging and sector experience in pharmaceuticals would be advantageous. The ability to develop teams, optimise resources to achieve department goals and objectives as well as a continuous improvement mind set is key.
About the role
You will be overseeing the operation of the Packaging Department Rotating Shift, maintaining good standards of Safety, GMP and Production Output. This will include:
Packing pharmaceuticals by operating Packaging equipment as required
Obtaining optimum use of equipment, materials and manpower to achieve weekly production targets, with respect to quality and quantity of output
Liaising with Warehouse personnel daily to ensure continuity of Packaging materials needed to achieve nightly and weekly plans
Ensuring adequate records of Packaging are maintained by you and your staff, including accurate batch documentation, shop floor data collection, shift handover reports and operator attendance procedures
Actively involved in ensuring continuous improvement in the workplace, including CI tools such as 5S, Standard work and a Visual Factory are in place and that the departments CI culture continues to evolve
Maintaining headcount at authorised level, through the interviewing and recruitment of new staff
Developing staff through continuous training, development reviews, and appraisals.
Maintaining staff performance and morale through regular meetings and adopting a culture of continuous improvement, in line with Custom Pharma Services Company Policy of being an Investor in People.
Maintaining good housekeeping, GMP and a safe working environment.
Responsibility for compliance with company-controlled drugs procedures
Desired Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Good general standard of education, particularly in English language and maths
- Strong supervisory background in a packaging environment is key
- Experience in a pharmaceutical environment would be an advantage
- Fully conversant with GMP and quality documentation requirements
- Proven ability to develop and motivate teams of people
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the strength of character to keep a team focussed on objectives
- Ability to investigate and document issues in detail to ascertain root cause, identify corrective/preventative actions, and implement shop floor solutions
- Able to identify opportunities for process & operational improvements and implement appropriate changes using key tools such as Lean and Visual Factory
- Passionate about Right First Time Quality and capable of delivering it
- Excellent written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks with potentially conflicting requirements
Benefits include: 23 days Holiday; pension; life assurance; health plan; bike to work scheme and annual profit related company and individual bonus payment based on successful performance.
We offer free parking on site and easy access to the A27 and are 15 minutes’ walk from Falmer or Moulsecoomb railway Station.
How to apply
Please submit your application including a covering letter explaining how your skills and experience meet requirements of the role to: Recruitment@custompharma.co.uk
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a basic disclosure check.