A Setter Technician is required with experience of operating and setting complex equipment within a fast moving GMP production environment (i.e. pharmaceuticals, food and cosmetics). Applications are also welcome from candidates not fully meeting these requirements who can demonstrate a positive attitude and mechanical aptitude as a comprehensive training package is offered.
*Rotating shift pattern hours:
Early shift: 6.30am to 3.00m Monday to Thursday and 6.30am to 1.20pm Friday
Late shift: 2.00pm to 10.00pm Monday to Thursday and 1.00pm to 5.20pm Friday
About the role
- Taking ownership and responsibility of all aspects of setting and running the line to ensure production runs smoothly. When not setting machines, you will be working on packaging lines.
- Changing tooling and setting up machines in a uniform, efficient and safe manner following all GMP and Health and safety protocols.
- Ensuring the storage of all machine change parts is correctly carried out.
- Cleaning the equipment and the work area.
- Completing batch processing documents and performing simple mathematical calculations.
- Moving and lifting components and equipment using mechanical aids as appropriate.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience of working as a Packaging Setter in the Pharmaceutical industry is preferable. For example, working with Noack machines and Ulhmann Cartoners. Candidates will also be considered who have experience of operating and setting experience from a similar GMP environment such as Food manufacturing or Cosmetics.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Reconciliation skills.
- Good general standard of education, specifically in English language and maths.
- Ability to follow instructions with accuracy.
About Custom Pharma Services (CPS)
CPS is a full-service “Clinical to Commercial” CDMO and holds various licences to operate a range of services which includes MIA, Specials, IMP, WDL, and Vet D. CPS is an independent OSD specialist pharma contract services provider. CPS produces a range of formulation technologies including modified release and potent products such as hormones at low dose. New development and commercial manufacturing facilities for high potency contained processing are planned to come on stream during 2019 at the recently acquired site adjacent to our existing Brighton, Moulsecoomb packaging and QC facilities.
Benefits include: 23 working days holiday (increasing to 25) plus UK bank holidays; pension; life assurance; health plan; subsidised gym and annual profit related company and individual bonus payment based on successful performance.
We offer free parking on site and easy access to the A27. Walking distance from Moulsecoomb or Falmer station. Staff canteen on site.
*Shift hours will change from November 2019 to:
Monday to Friday 6.30am to 2.30pm
Monday to Friday
2.00pm to 10pm
How to apply
Please submit your application highlighting how your skills and experience meet requirements to: Recruitment@custompharma.co.uk
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a basic disclosure check.