Manufacturing Technicians, Hove, East Sussex
Rotating shift pattern, Monday to Friday
Are you a Manufacturing or Production Technician seeking your next career challenge? We are recruiting for candidates to join our diverse, multi-skilled and experienced Hove based team. Ideally you will have worked as a Manufacturing Technician in pharmaceutical manufacturing or a similar GMP environment, for example: Nutraceuticals; hospitals; cosmetics or food.
About the role
As a Manufacturing Technician you will be:
- Setting up and operating machinery for all aspects of manufacturing
- Dispensing raw materials
- Carrying out granulation, compression or coating of tablets or encapsulation of hard gelatin capsules.
- Completing batch documentation per instructions and quality standards.
- Maintaining defined standards of Safety, GMP and Production Output.
You will be working the following rotating shift pattern:
Early shift: 6.00am to 2.10pm Monday to Thursday, 6.00am to 1.00pm Friday
Late shift: 2.00pm to 10.15pm Monday to Thursday, 12.45pm to 7.45pm Friday
All new starters undergo a comprehensive training programme
Benefits include: 23 days holiday; pension; life assurance; subsidised gym and annual profit related company and individual bonus payment based on successful performance.
We are based close to Hove Station, offer free parking on site and easy access to the A27
To be considered you will need:
- Experience as a Manufacturing Technician in pharmaceuticals or similar industry
- Experience of working with medicinal powder, solid dose tablets and encapsulated products is desirable but not essential
- An understanding of the importance of the Patient
- An appreciation of the skill and science of manufacturing pharmaceuticals.
- Previous exposure to GMP principles or an interest in developing this knowledge
- An understanding of team, safety and quality operating principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to follow written instructions, record and process information accurately is key
- Be physically fit and able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to observe Safety Health & Environment standards including manual handling of containers and bags up to 25 Kg
- Be flexible as there is the possibility that from time to time overtime hours will be on offer.
How to apply
Please submit your application including a covering letter explaining how your skills and experience meet requirements of the role to: email@example.com
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a basic disclosure check.