Technical Director required
Competitive salary and benefits package – Brighton & Hove
This is an exciting time to join us, it’s our 40th birthday this year.
Custom Pharma Services (CPS) has begun a £20 million program of investment in state-of-the-art facilities for product development and commercial supply of OSD products. The new facilities are designed to handle high potency products within a fully contained new 70,000 sq. ft. facility in Brighton, Sussex.
A dynamic and highly motivated individual is required to join the existing Senior Management Team to help drive future growth in contract services heading up the Contract Development Organisation (CDO) at CPS. The position reports to the CEO and will play a key role in collectively setting and delivering overall Company Strategy for future growth.
About the role
Responsible for the strategy, leadership and future growth of the CDO.
In summary this will include:
- Contract Development, and New Product Introduction (NPI) programme management from bench through to commercial manufacture.
- Ensuring the alignment of NPD (New Product Development) and NPI activities including management of the transfer of all new and existing CMO products to our new Brighton site, in line with company strategy and annual and five-year financial growth targets.
- Successful candidates will have previous experience in working closely with SMT colleagues to establish the tools and operating systems necessary to connect front-end demand from NPD and introduction into the site capacity and NPI development across the business.
The successful candidate will have experience of a similar leadership role or be looking for their next career move and be ready to “step up”. They will have previous experience of:
- Clinical, consumer health and or generic product formulation and development
- NPI programme management
- Commercial manufacture and packaging of solid dose formulations
About Custom Pharma Services (CPS)
is a full-service “Clinical to Commercial” CDMO and holds various licences to operate a range of services which includes MIA, Specials, IMP, WDL, and Vet D. CPS is an independent OSD specialist pharma contract services provider. CPS produces a range of formulation technologies including modified release and potent products such as hormones at low dose. New development and commercial manufacturing facilities for high potency contained processing are planned to come on stream during 2019 at the recently acquired site adjacent to our existing Brighton, Moulsecoomb packaging and QC facilities.
Qualifications, knowledge, skills & experience
- Educated to degree level in a relevant scientific or pharmaceutical operations discipline
- Proven experience in a senior leadership role, ideally at Board level in the pharmaceutical industry
- Previous experience of NPI, Programme Management; Manufacture of solid dosage forms and a well-developed understanding of formulation science.
- Relevant technical qualifications, in, for example operational excellence, general management, supply chain or health and safety desirable
- Sound understanding of both operations and technical pharmaceutical industry disciplines with experience of working with both QA and Regulatory disciplines
- A working knowledge and experience of the UK/EU regulatory processes
- Familiar with the compliance requirements of global quality cGMP
- Experience of strategic and financial planning and control including managing revenue and capital budgets
- Appropriate experience to be named as person responsible for manufacturing licence
- Ability to recognize and manage risks early.
- Skilled at problem-solving by root cause analysis and use of CAPA
- Familiar with ICHQ8 (pharmaceutical development) requirements and the associated regulatory expectation throughout the development life .
- Experience of Lean and Six Sigma, process & operational process improvements
- Experience of or ability to adapt to working in an SME.
Relocation Assistance will be taken into consideration for candidates who are not based within commuting distance of Brighton & Hove
How to apply
Please submit your application including a covering letter explaining how your skills and experience meet requirements of the role to: Recruitment@custompharma.co.uk
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a basic disclosure check.