We have an opportunity for a Technical Manager with extensive management, production and technical experience in solid dose manufacturing. You will also have practical experience working with modern cGMP systems, demonstrable experience in root cause investigations and report writing and experience in Lean manufacturing (Six Sigma).
In summary the role includes the following:
Providing technical support to the manufacturing and packaging teams for the resolution of production issues. Identifying non robust procedures, processes and products to drive implementation of process improvements and use analysis of process variances to improve yields.
Troubleshooting process and technical issues providing problem solving skills support for processing staff to enable the production department to function in a robust quality environment ensuring the highest standards of GMP compliance.
Leading the technical transfer of new products into production ensuring right first time processes and successful validation. Providing practical guidance to the development team on formulation of new products to ensure appropriate manufacturing processes and work centres are used.
Supporting the training programme for manufacturing and packaging by providing expertise and technical knowledge in accordance with business needs, regulatory requirements
Qualification, education, experience and skills required:
- Degree in a scientific subject or substantial commercial experience in solid dose pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Train the Trainer preferred
- Extensive management, production and technical experience in solid dose pharmaceutical industry.
- Practical experience working with modern cGMP systems.
- Excellent understanding of solid dose manufacturing equipment, process and methods.
- Demonstrable experience in root cause investigations and report writing
- Experience in lean manufacturing (Six Sigma) environment.
- Self-reliant & self-motivated.
- Excellent understanding of Pharma industry and cross-functional relationships
- Able to determine and execute solutions to problems. High level of attention to detail.
- Competent at gathering, analysing and interpreting data.
- Effective and persuasive communication skills, excellent oral, interpersonal and written communication skill.
- Capable of managing a team.
- Able to prioritise and complete multiple tasks.
- Competent trainer (preferred).
- Able to deliver ‘’right first time’’ processes, with a determination to understand root cause of failures.
How to apply
Please submit your application including a covering letter explaining how your skills and experience meet requirements of the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 18th January, 2019
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a basic disclosure check.