A Senior Formulation Scientist is required with experience of working with tablets and hard gel capsules. Applicants with no experience of working with solid dose formulations will be expected to demonstrate a history of formulation development of other pharmaceutical forms. The primary focus of the role will be to develop new products, thereby contributing to our ongoing growth strategy. Working within a dynamic SME environment, this is a pivotal, customer facing role, working cross functionally within the business on a broad portfolio of products.
About Custom (CPS)
CPS is a full-service “Clinical to Commercial” CDMO and holds various licences to operate a range of services which includes MIA, Specials, IMP, WDL, and Vet D. CPS is an independent OSD specialist pharma contract services provider. CPS produces a range of formulation technologies including modified release and potent products such as hormones at low dose. New development and commercial manufacturing facilities for high potency contained processing have recently been acquired at a site adjacent to our existing Brighton, Moulsecoomb packaging and QC facilities.
About the role
As a Senior Formulation Scientist you will enjoy and recognise the value of being an effective communicator who can work well with different teams across Custom Pharma Services. This will include:
- Taking the lead role in the development of new solid dose pharmaceutical developments
- Proposing and implementing remedial actions on current Custom owned and third party products.
- Managing technology transfers, technical projects and supervision of IMP development and manufacture.
- Supporting other areas of the business to ensure clear work flows for delivery of projects.
- Advising on material procurement regarding raw materials specifications.
- Preparing protocols and project plans, master documentation for pilot trials, production and Q.C documents and author technical reports.
- Operating in compliance with current good manufacturing practice (cGMP), department and company SOPs, Health & Safety and control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH) requirements.
Desired Skills & Experience
You may be working as a Formulation Scientist looking for your next career move or have worked with solid dose products and carried out formulation work to remediate these, or you could be an experienced Technical Development Manager. If this sounds like your profile, we would like to hear from you. Otherwise you will have the following qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Science or Life Sciences degree desirable but not essential
- Experience of working in the pharmaceutical industry with a basic understanding of the pharmaceutical regulatory environment
- An understanding of manufacturing in a controlled environment
- Practical experience in product development of tablets and hard gel capsules is desirable. However, experience in other dosage forms will also be considered.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders i.e. peers, factory staff and customers
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to comprehend and interpret analytical data, to provide related opinion and recommendations
- Have a practical approach to formulation work with the ability to be ‘hands on’ when required
- Highly organised and methodical approach to work
- Project management skills
- Commercial awareness
Benefits include: 23 days Holiday; pension; life assurance; health plan: bike to work scheme and annual profit related company and individual bonus payment based on successful performance.
Free parking onsite with easy access to the A27. 5 minutes’ walk from Hove Railway Station.
How to apply
Please submit your application including a covering letter explaining how your skills and experience meet requirements of the role to: Recruitment@custompharma.co.uk including your current salary and benefits package by Monday 29th July, 2019.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a basic disclosure check.