We are recruiting for self-motivated, experienced individuals to join our friendly Packaging Team. Ideally you will have technical skills in packaging as your role will be to operate high speed Pharmaceutical packaging equipment, working to and maintaining GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) standards at all times.
We offer an attractive rotating shift pattern comprising:
Early shift: 6.30am to 3.00pm Monday to Thursday, 6.30am to 1.20pm Friday
Late shift: 2.00pm to 11.00pm Monday to Thursday, 1.00pm to 5.20pm Friday
Custom Pharma Services (CPS) is a full-service contract development and manufacturing organisation (CDMO) for investigational medicinal products (IMP) through to commercial manufacturing. Custom’s advanced facilities produce solid dosage forms including controlled drugs, certain hormonal products, Specials and veterinary products.
CPS are investing in a new, high containment manufacturing and pilot plant facility within the city of Brighton and Hove, scheduled to be operational Q1 2019.
About the role
Reporting to the Packaging Shift Supervisor your responsibilities will include:
- Operating various packaging equipment including blister filling, bottle filling, cartoning, labelling, check weighing and over wrapping equipment.
- Cleaning the equipment and the work area.
- Understanding and following site Health and Safety procedures and maintaining a safe working environment.
- Understanding and following GMP and maintaining high housekeeping standards.
- Following verbal and detailed written processing instructions with accuracy.
- Completing batch processing documents using simple mathematical calculations.
- Assisting with setting of lines during changeovers.
- Moving and lifting components and equipment using mechanical aids as appropriate
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience of working as a Packaging Technician in the Pharmaceuticals industry is preferable. Candidates will also be considered who have worked within a GMP environment such as Food or Cosmetics manufacturing with automated packaging lines or another similar environment
- Reconciliation skills desirable but not essential
- Good general standard of education, specifically in English language and maths
- Ability to follow instructions with accuracy
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Team player who enjoys and works well within a small team
- Flexible attitude
Our benefits package includes: Holiday; pension; life assurance; subsidised gym and annual profit related company and individual bonus payment based on successful performance.
We also offer free parking on site, easy road access to the A27 and are 15 minutes’ walk from Falmer or Moulsecoomb railway stations. Staff canteen on site.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and covering letter highlighting how your skills and experience meet requirements to: Recruitment@custompharma.co.uk
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a basic disclosure check.