Custom Pharma Services are recruiting for a Night Shift Technician to join our solid dose pharmaceutical manufacturing team. Ideally candidates should have previous experience in a similar role of working with medicinal powder, solid dose tablets and encapsulated products.
The shift pattern from Monday to Thursday is 21.00pm to 07.00am
About Custom Pharma Services (CPS)
CPS is a full-service “Clinical to Commercial” CDMO and holds various licences to operate a range of services which includes MIA, Specials, IMP, WDL, and Vet D. CPS is an independent OSD specialist pharma contract services provider. CPS produces a range of formulation technologies including modified release and potent products such as hormones at low dose. New development and commercial manufacturing facilities for high potency contained processing are planned to come on stream during 2019 at the recently acquired site adjacent to our existing Brighton, Moulsecoomb packaging and QC facilities.
About the role
Role responsibilities include:
- Setting up and operation of machinery to all aspects of manufacturing
- Dispensing of raw materials
- Granulation, compression or coating of tablets or encapsulation of hard gelatin capsules.
- Completing batch documentation per instructions and quality standards.
- Maintaining defined standards of Safety, GMP and Production Output.
Qualifications, knowledge, skills & experience required:
- A strong mechanical aptitude with a proven ability to troubleshoot, diagnose problems and correct/fix
- Experienced in product changeover and machine setup/cleaning
- Experience of working with medicinal powder, solid dose tablets and encapsulated products is preferred
- An understanding of the importance of the Patient is essential
- An understanding and knowledge of GMP principles
- An understanding of team, safety and quality operating principles
- Have a continuous improvement mind-set
- Previous experience of working a night shift is essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to follow written instructions, record and process information accurately is key
- Enjoy working as part of a team and also able to work independently
- Well organised and able to meet production targets
- Must be physically fit and able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to observe Safety Health & Environment standards including manual handling of containers and bags up to 25 Kg
- Be flexible as there is the possibility that from time to time overtime hours will be on offer
We are based close to Hove Station, offer free parking on site and easy access to the A27
Benefits include: 23 days holiday; pension; life assurance; subsidised gym and annual profit related company and individual bonus payment based on successful performance.
How to apply
Please submit your application including a covering letter explaining how your skills and experience meet requirements of the role to: Recruitment@custompharma.co.uk
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a basic disclosure check.