Custom Pharma Services are recruiting for a Maintenance Engineer who has experience of Packaging equipment ideally in Pharmaceuticals or a related industry (Nutraceutical, cosmetics or food).
Shift patterns are on an alternating basis:
First week ‘Shift 1’ – between 2.00pm to 11.00pm Mon – Thurs and 1.00pm to 5.20pm Fri
Second week ‘Shift 2’ – between 6.00am to 2.30pm Mon – Thurs and 6.30am to 1.20pm Fri
(A permanent late shift is also available if this is preferable)
The Moulsecoomb site operates 24hrs a day during the week and sometimes requires weekend operation. Overtime is paid for additional hours support.
About Custom (CPS)
CPS is a full-service “Clinical to Commercial” CDMO and holds various licences to operate a range of services which includes MIA, Specials, IMP, WDL, and Vet D. CPS is an independent OSD specialist pharma contract services provider. CPS produces a range of formulation technologies including modified release and potent products such as hormones at low dose. New development and commercial manufacturing facilities for high potency contained processing are planned to come on stream during 2019 at the recently acquired site adjacent to our existing Brighton, Moulsecoomb packaging and QC facilities.
About the role
Your main focus will be to carry out planned preventative, reactive & breakdown maintenance of all packaging machinery and plant equipment on site. In accordance with standard operating procedures and maintaining site equipment to cGMP requirements at all times and working closely with Packaging Supervisors, Setters and other Maintenance Engineers the role also includes:
- Undertaking emergency breakdown repairs in a timely and efficient way on all production equipment
- Assisting the engineering department in achieving its budgetary and equipment availability targets through the efficient management of spares
- Identifying and contributing to the completion of continuous improvement projects
- Supporting the acceptance and commissioning of new machinery and plant installations
- Carrying out minor repairs and improvements to the fabric of the site
- Identifying potential health, safety and environmental hazards/risks to the line management/responsible person upon discovery and where required taking appropriate action
- Working on a rotating day/afternoon shift pattern basis from Monday to Friday based at our Moulsecoomb site (details below)
To be considered for this position the following qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience are required:
- HNC/ONC/City & Guilds/NVQ4 or time served apprenticeship
- Extensive experience of maintaining and improving pharmaceutical packaging equipment such as blister packers, cartoners, shrink/band wrappers, tablet counters and check-weighers
- Previous engineering maintenance experience within a highly regulated and/or high quality packaging environment gained within Pharmaceuticals or related industry (Nutraceutical, cosmetics or food). A GMP environment is preferred but not essential
- Trouble shooting / fault finding and maintenance experience on hydraulic and pneumatic systems and maintenance experience on mechanical and electrical equipment
- Fault finding and repair of mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems and machinery electrical control systems
- Ability to manage and prioritise your own workload
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality
- Have flexible attitude to work with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to follow complex work instructions and document completed work accurately
- Computer literate
We offer free parking on site and easy access to the A27. Walking distance from Moulsecoomb station.
Benefits include: 23 days holiday; pension; life assurance; subsidised gym and annual profit related company and individual bonus payment based on successful performance.
How to apply
Please submit your application including a covering letter explaining how your skills and experience meet requirements of the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a basic disclosure check.