Rotating shift pattern, Monday to Friday
Are you a Manufacturing or Production Technician seeking your next career challenge? Ideally we are looking for candidates with experience of working in pharmaceuticals or a similar GMP environment, for example: Nutraceuticals; hospitals; cosmetics or food?
Custom Pharma Services (CPS) is a full-service contract development and manufacturing organisation (CDMO) for investigational medicinal products (IMP) through to commercial manufacturing. Custom’s advanced facilities produce solid dosage forms including controlled drugs, certain hormonal products, Specials and veterinary products.
CPS are investing in a new, high containment manufacturing and pilot plant facility within the city of Brighton and Hove, scheduled to be operational Q1 2019.
About the role
As a Manufacturing Production/Technician you will:
- Set up and operate machinery for all aspects of manufacturing
- Dispense raw materials
- Carry out granulation, compression or coating of tablets or encapsulation of hard gelatin capsules.
- Complete batch documentation per instructions and quality standards.
- Maintain defined standards of Safety, GMP and Production Output.
Shift patterns are on a rotational basis from Monday to Friday:
Monday to Thursday 6am to 2.15pm and Friday 6am to 1pm
Monday to Thursday 2pm to 10.15pm and Friday 12.45pm to 7.45pm
To be considered you will need:
- Experience as a Manufacturing/Production Technician in pharmaceuticals or similar industry
- Experience of working with medicinal powder, solid dose tablets and encapsulated products is desirable but not essential
- An understanding of the importance of the Patient is essential
- An appreciation of the skill and science of manufacturing pharmaceuticals.
- Previous exposure to GMP principles or an interest in developing this knowledge
- An understanding of team, safety and quality operating principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to follow written instructions, record and process information accurately is key
- Be a team player who can work as part of a team and also able to work independently
- Be well organised and able to meet production targets
- Be physically fit and able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to observe Safety Health & Environment standards including manual handling of containers and bags up to 25 Kg
- Be flexible as there is the possibility that from time to time overtime hours will be on offer.
We are based close to Hove Station, offer free parking on site and easy access to the A27.
Benefits include: Holiday; pension; life assurance; subsidised gym and annual profit related company and individual bonus payment based on successful performance.
How to apply
Please submit your application including a covering letter explaining how your skills and experience meet requirements of the role to: email@example.com
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a basic disclosure check.