Due to increasing project work we are recruiting for a Formulation Scientist with experience of tablets and hard gel capsules. Working within a dynamic SME environment, you will be working cross functionally within the business on a broad portfolio of products to progress projects in line with customer requirements.
About the role
As a Formulation Scientist within our Technical services team your primary focus will be to progress a number of development projects, including:
- Remediation of existing products, or 3rd party owned products not currently manufactured by Custom Pharma Services.
- Formulation of new products for commercial supply
- Technology transfers
- Management of technical projects, with regular updates for internal and external stakeholders
- Technical support for other functions within the business
- Technical support for and supervision of IMP development and manufacture
About Custom Pharma Services (CPS)
CPS is a full-service “Clinical to Commercial” CDMO and holds various licences to operate a range of services which includes MIA, Specials, IMP, WDL, and Vet D. CPS is an independent OSD specialist pharma contract services provider. CPS produces a range of formulation technologies including modified release and potent products such as hormones at low dose. New development and commercial manufacturing facilities for high potency contained processing are planned to come on stream during 2019 at the recently acquired site adjacent to our existing Brighton, Moulsecoomb packaging and QC facilities.
Desired Skills & Experience
You may be working as a Development Technician looking for your next career move or you could be a Plant Operator who has worked with products and carried out formulation work to remediate these. Or you could also be an experienced Formulation Scientist. If this sounds like your profile, we would like to hear from you. Otherwise you will have the following qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Science or Life Sciences degree in related subject and/or modules i.e. Formulation Science, Pharmaceutics
- Experience of working in the pharmaceutical industry with solid dosage forms
- Experience in pharmaceutical formulation development, with some practical hands on experience
- A sound knowledge of manufacturing in a controlled environment.
- An understanding of the regulatory framework and activities for licensing a medicine.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Communication is a large part of this role. The job holder will require a strong command of the English language and be able to influence and comprehend activities
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, customers and colleagues at all levels within the business
- Excellent attention to detail
- Methodical approach to work
- Commercially aware
- Strategic awareness and appreciation of Custom’s broader business objectives
- Highly organized with the ability to plan and prioritise workload effectively
- Project management skills
Benefits include: 23 days holiday; pension; life assurance; subsidised gym and annual profit related company and individual bonus payment based on successful performance.
We are based close to Hove Station, offer free parking on site and easy access to the A27
How to apply
Please submit your application including a covering letter explaining how your skills and experience meet requirements of the role to: email@example.com including your current salary and benefits package by Monday 29th April 2019
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK
Successful candidates will be required to complete a basic disclosure check.