We are recruiting for an Analytical Development Analyst to join us during an exciting time of growth and expansion to work within our Development Team.
To be considered for this opportunity you will have a chemistry background and/or previous experience in a quality control or development environment in the pharmaceutical industry or related sector. You will also be familiar with laboratory equipment, techniques, procedures and documentation systems. You will be aiming to continue to develop your career within a Laboratory environment in pharmaceuticals.
Custom Pharma Services (CPS) is a full-service contract development and manufacturing organisation (CDMO) for investigational medicinal products (IMP) through to commercial manufacturing. Custom’s advanced facilities produce solid dosage forms including controlled drugs, certain hormonal products, Specials and veterinary products.
CPS are investing in a new, high containment manufacturing and pilot plant facility within the city of Brighton and Hove, scheduled to be operational Q1 2019.
About the role
You will be responsible for:
- Development of in-house or externally supplied analytical methods for existing and new products to ensure suitability for consistent routine use.
- Analytical method transfer or development performed and reported to meet requirements of all internal and external customers, company and statutory /regulatory requirements.
- Hands-on analyses and timely approval of analytical reports to deliver stability testing plan and support routine production, validations or investigations.
- Assisting the Analytical Development Manager in the resolution of equipment and method problems.
- Participating in, and ensuring the authorisation and output of consistently accurate data and analytical reports through the conformance with current principles of GMP/GLP.
Initially the role will work a day shift from 8.00am to 16.30pm then alternating shift pattern of early and late shifts comprising:
Early – 6.30am to 3.00pm Monday to Thursday and 6.30am to 1.20pm Friday
Late – 1.00pm to 10.00pm Monday to Thursday and 1.00pm to 5.20pm Friday
Desired Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Degree level qualifications in Chemistry or closely related Science discipline
- A chemistry background and have previous experience in the area of method development, method validation, method transfer and stability testing.
- Previous experience within a QC or development environment in the pharmaceutical industry or similar GMP environment
- HPLC experience is desirable
- Analytical validation experience is desirable
- An understanding and working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practice and Good Laboratory Practice
- A familiarity with laboratory equipment/ techniques/ procedures and documentation systems
- An understanding of EU and other specific analytical regulations for the pharmaceutical industry
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of information flow and decision-making processes
- Follow written procedures with accuracy and efficiency
- Ability to prioritise work loadWork under minimum supervision
- Competence in the use of oral and written presentation skills
- Competent in Microsoft Word and Excel
- High level of Literacy and numeracy
- Flexibility to meet changing priorities
Benefits package includes: 23 days Holiday; pension; life assurance; subsidised gym, bike to work scheme and annual profit related company and individual bonus payment based on successful performance.
How to apply
Please submit your application including a covering letter explaining how your skills and experience meet requirements of the role by Monday 15th April, 2019 to: Recruitment@custompharma.co.uk
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a basic disclosure check.