We are looking for an experienced Analyst to join us during an exciting time of growth and expansion to work within our Finished Products Team.
The role involves carrying out hands-on analyses (including HPLC and various wet chemical techniques) of finished products to ensure regulatory requirements for the product are met; supporting the Finished Products Team Manager to achieve the appropriate throughput of samples for testing; output of consistently accurate data and reports to meet quality standards through conformance with up to date procedures, methods, internal SOP’s, Health & Safety and current principles of GMP/GLP.
To be considered for this opportunity you must have a chemistry background with experience of finished product testing on solid dose pharmaceuticals within a Quality Control or development environment in the pharmaceutical industry. You will have an understanding of GMP, GLP and be familiar with laboratory equipment, techniques (including HPLC), procedures and documentation systems.
CPS is a full-service “Clinical to Commercial” CDMO and holds various licences to operate a range of services which includes MIA, Specials, IMP, WDL, and Vet D. CPS is an independent OSD specialist pharma contract services provider. CPS produces a range of formulation technologies including modified release and potent products such as hormones at low dose. New development and commercial manufacturing facilities for high potency contained processing are planned to come on stream during 2019 at the recently acquired site adjacent to our existing Brighton, Moulsecoomb packaging and QC facilities.
About the role
You will be responsible for:
- Analysis of finished product samples according to analytical methods.
- Participating in the generation of, and ensuring the authorisation and output of consistently accurate data and analytical reports through the conformance with current principles of GMP/GLP.
- When required, the following duties from the development side of the business will also be part of responsibilities:
Development of in-house or externally supplied analytical methods for existing and new products to ensure suitability for consistent routine use.
Analytical method transfer or development performed and reported to meet requirements of all internal and external customers, company and statutory /regulatory requirements.
Hands-on analyses and timely approval of analytical reports to deliver support to routine production, validations or investigations.
Assisting the Analytical Development Manager in the resolution of equipment and method problems.
Alternating shift pattern of early and late shifts comprising:
Early – 6.30am to 3.00pm Monday to Thursday and 6.30am to 1.15pm Friday
Late – 1.00pm to 10.00pm Monday to Thursday and 1.00pm to 5.20pm Friday
Desired Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- A chemistry background and have previous experience in the area of finished product and/or stability testing on solid dose finished products.
- Previous experience within a QC or development environment in the pharmaceutical industry.
- HPLC experience.
- An understanding of GMP and GLP.
- A familiarity with laboratory equipment/ techniques/ procedures and documentation systems
- Ability to plan and prioritise work load
- Competent in Microsoft Word and Excel i.e. Basic level
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow written procedures with accuracy and efficiency
- Work effectively under minimum supervision in a team or alone
- Competent in the use of oral and written presentation skills
- High level of literacy and numeracy
- Adaptable and flexible to meet changing priorities
- Understanding of EU and other specific analytical regulations for the pharmaceutical industry would be a bonus.
Benefits include: Holiday; pension; life assurance; subsidised gym and annual profit related company and individual bonus payment based on successful performance.
Free parking onsite with easy access to the A27. 15 minutes’ walk from either Falmer or Moulsecoomb Station.
How to apply
Please submit your application including a CV and covering letter explaining how your skills and experience meet requirements of the role by Wednesday 12th June 2019 to: Recruitment@custompharma.co.uk
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a basic disclosure check.