Are you a Development Technician seeking your next career challenge? We are recruiting for candidates to join our Technical Services Team due to an increase in projects. Ideally you will have worked as a Technician or Operator in pharmaceutical manufacturing and be skilled in all aspects of solid dose manufacturing with the ability to trouble shoot processing issues.
You will be working the following rotating shift pattern:
Early shift: 6.30am to 3.00pm Monday to Thursday, 6.30am to 1.20pm Friday
Late shift: 2.00pm to 11.00pm Monday to Thursday, 1.00pm to 5.20pm Friday
About Custom Pharma Services (CPS)
CPS is a full-service “Clinical to Commercial” CDMO and holds various licences to operate a range of services which includes MIA, Specials, IMP, WDL, and Vet D. CPS is an independent OSD specialist pharma contract services provider. CPS produces a range of formulation technologies including modified release and potent products such as hormones at low dose. New development and commercial manufacturing facilities for high potency contained processing are planned to come on stream during 2019 at the recently acquired site adjacent to our existing Brighton, Moulsecoomb packaging and QC facilities.
About the role
As a Development Technician you will be:
- Carrying out trials on new and existing products as required
- Developing solid dose formulations as required
- Manufacturing small scale product batches
- Ensuring that bench trials are carried out in a timely and complete manner, according to instructions given by a technical manager
- Maintaining all complete bench trial documents logically, in files, to enable easy retrieval
- Carrying out physical and mechanical analytical testing
- Assisting and advising the production department at critical steps in manufacture for scale up trials and first full-scale manufacture batches
- Supporting the production department with practical help and coaching on existing products where problems are occurring
- To personally carry out process stages in the manufacture of difficult products either in mainstream production or the Technical area
- Working according to good manufacturing practise guidelines, good laboratory practise guidelines, and health and safety requirements
- Providing regular daily updates to a project manager on the trials carried out
Qualifications, knowledge, skills & experience required:
- Educated to GCSE level in maths, English and a science subject, or equivalent qualifications
- Essential to have experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Preferable to be skilled in ALL aspects of solid dose manufacturing
- Essential to have the ability to trouble-shoot processing issues
- Strong expertise in the range of solid dose manufacturing methods
- Self-motivated and able to be trusted to work unsupervised
- Patience and perseverance when tackling problems
- Attention to detail
- Effective communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Good team player
Benefits include: 23 days holiday; pension; life assurance; subsidised gym and annual profit related company and individual bonus payment based on successful performance.
We are based close to Hove Station, offer free parking on site and easy access to the A27
How to apply
Please submit your application including a covering letter explaining how your skills and experience meet requirements of the role to: email@example.com by Monday 29th April 2019
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a basic disclosure check.